Wishing you all a wonderful summer and lots of fun showing off your Betty style! And, be sure to show us your #BettyBoopStyle on Instagram for a chance to be featured on Betty’s official Instagram feed!
Plus-sized fashionistas can now show their Boop style with the Betty Boop™ x Project Runway™ All Stars collection, available starting today exclusively at Torrid stores nationwide and online at Torrid.com.
Betty joined host Alyssa Milano and special guest Rebecca Minkoff on the February 8th broadcast of “Project Runway All Stars” on Lifetime, where she challenged the contestants to create a chic Hollywood look inspired by Betty herself for the opportunity to have their design sold at leading plus-size retailer, Torrid.
The winning look from designer Joshua McKinley was the inspiration for the full line. The playful, yet trendy, five-piece collection includes an “I Love Betty Tee”, a “Betty Boop Cold Shoulder Tee,” a “Betty Boop Cardigan”, a “Betty Boop Kisses Midi Skirt” and a “Betty Boop Retro Dress.” Styles retail between $38.00 – $75.00.
See the full Betty Boop™ x Project Runway™ All Star collection here, and check out a few of the styles below. Boop-Oop-A-Doop!
Moschino has launched its first Limited Edition collection created to celebrate the 2018 Chinese New Year. Jeremy Scott, creative Director of the brand, joins in the celebrations of one of the most important traditional festivities in China, creating a collection inspired by Betty Boop’s dear friend and iconic cartoon pup, Pudgy.
February 16 kicks off the Year of the Dog, the eleventh star of the Chinese horoscope. Those who are borne in the Year of the Dog have a sunny disposition, are intelligent, honest and known to be loyal, characteristics that Pudgy embodies perfectly, plus a pinch of irony which is the mark of Moschino’s creations.
The ready-to-wear collection and accessories includes 7 items (sweater, T-shirt, dress, backpack, key ring, scarf, iPhone case), all in Betty’s signature color red, traditionally considered a goodwill color.
The Limited Edition 2018 Chinese New Year collection will be available online at moschino.com, at the main Moschino boutiques in Milan, Rome, London, Paris, New York and Los Angeles, through the Moschino franchises’ network and the most prestigious multi-brand stores in the world.
Betty has her own streetwear collection from Lazy Oaf and it officially launches today! The Betty Boop x Lazy Oaf 15-piece collection features styles for both women and men, and includes a jacket, sweatshirts, jeans, oversized dresses, a tote and more.
Looking to the original Betty Boop cartoons, the Lazy Oaf design team raided the archive to find unique Betty artwork such as Betty perched on a crescent moon, a design first used on a 1985 hot air balloon in the Macy’s Parade. Further inspiration came from the best of Betty Boop classic character memorabilia, vintage Americana Betty leather jackets, and 1980s and ‘90s streetwear references. The collection embodies Betty’s trademark pin-up sass, mixed with streetwear silhouettes and signature oversized Oaf shapes.
Super feminine velvet bow detailing and sweetheart necklines sit with oversized smock dresses, cropped sweatshirts and laid-back striped jersey pieces. The 3-piece menswear offering nods to the different sides of Betty’s appeal, focusing on her cult Biker following with badass Betty riding a motorcycle on a pink hoodie. Star womenswear pieces are the skinny ‘Pin Up Jeans’ with bow-back slits and pink embroidery heart pockets, plus an oversized heart print denim jacket with matching ‘90s mom jeans. Two complementary accessories include a pin-up-worthy pin badge and patent tote bag with eponymous showgirl chenille patch.
Lazy Oaf founder and head designer Gemma Shiel says, “Betty is an icon, someone that I have grown up with, she is sexy, sassy, empowering and essentially street smart. She bucks expectations and goes her own way which is what I encourage everyone to do! Working with Betty has been a dream. As a teen in the 90s there was a massive explosion of Betty in streetwear and I really wanted to add that element to our ranges.”
The new streetwear collection is the latest in a string Betty Boop fashion collaborations with major brands, and has the fashion world abuzz.
Check out more of the new designs below and shop the whole collection at LazyOaf.com.
Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season and a wonderful New Year!
Happy Birthday, Betty! You’ve been one busy lady and this video says it all. Just look at all you’ve been up to this year!
For those of you who may not know, today is a very big day for Miss Boop. She’s celebrating her first appearance in “Dizzy Dishes,” one of her “Uncle” Max Fleischer’s “Talkartoons” — the first “talkies” in the animated cartoon world — which Max’s company, Fleischer Studios, created for Paramount. After her debut, Betty Boop quickly evolved into a curvaceous Jazz-Age flapper who captured the popular imagination and of course, fame followed. Dressed in a figure-hugging frock and thigh-high garter, Betty Boop went on to star in her own “Betty Boop” cartoon series, tapping into the edgy spirit of the times. Through the decades, her popularity has spanned film and television, fashion and music.
Today, the feisty, wide-eyed and vivacious icon remains in the limelight as The Original Sass Symbol – as popular as ever the world over in this new Digital Age.
In celebration of this momentous occasion, we’re kicking off Betty’s Birthday Bash with a month-long sale in the Official Betty Boop Online Store powered by ZAZZLE. Fans get 25% OFF all Betty Boop merchandise when they use the promo code “ZBETTYBOOP25” (valid through the end of August 2017). And be sure to be on the lookout for more fun promotions and sweepstakes coming down the pike this month.
Happy birthday Betty! Don’t forget to wish Ms. Boop a very Happy Birthday on her social media channels using the hashtag #HappyBoopDayBetty — you could end up with a very special surprise! ??
You may recall we told you here when the first issue in Dynamite Entertainment’s all-new comic book series was published last fall. Now those comics have been collected for Betty’s fans in a new trade paperback edition!
BleedingCool.com has published an interview with award-winning writer Roger Langridge, who discusses his fascination with the animated character and his Five Top Reasons why Betty Boop is still relevant to modern comic book readers.
Check out Langridge’s interview here. It’s a great read!
Wow. Just in case you think all the excitement about my Betty Boop Red campaign is over, my new best friends at M·A·C Cosmetics are helping me out with something you will just flip over: a chance to win a tube of their new, limited-edition M·A·C Betty Boop lipstick for your very own by entering the #BeYouBeBoopSweepstakes!
That’s right! Check this out. To launch this cool sweepstakes, M·A·C Senior Artist Keri Blair created looks for three real women inspired by my signature color, Betty Boop Red, and each woman’s own unique style. You see, they call me the Original Sass Symbol because I’m a woman who is confident in herself and I’m NOT afraid to show it. It’s so wonderful to be considered as a glamorous international icon! In all modesty, I’ve been singing and sashaying for decades past rules and conventions, unafraid to take risks or set trends. Yes, that’s just who I am.
So now, I’m inviting you to join my tribe of the feisty and bold by showing everybody how my new signature color, Betty Boop Red, inspires you! No purchase is required to enter, but if you’d like to incorporate the new M·A·C Betty Boop lipstick into your sweepstakes entry look, it is available for limited time at www.maccosmetics.com.
To enter the sweepstakes, first follow my Instagram feed at @bettyboopofficial, or Like and Follow my Facebook page, then upload and submit your entry — up to 3 photographs via Instagram or Facebook that capture how your personal style has been inspired by my signature color. You must include the #BeYouBeBoopSweepstakes in your post in for your entry to be eligible. The sweepstakes runs from Wednesday, March 1 through 11:59pm on Tuesday, March 14.
Be YOU, Be BOOP, and best of luck! Can’t wait to see all my fans and their cool Betty Boop Red-inspired looks!
#BeYouBeBoopSweepstakes Official Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO KING FEATURES SYNDICATE (the “Sponsor”) AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK. THE INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO KING FEATURES SYNDICATE AND ITS AGENCIES MAY BE USED FOR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION OR CONSENT, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The “BE YOU BE BOOP SWEEPSTAKES” (the “Sweepstakes”): There are two (2) ways to enter beginning March 1, 2017 at 12:01 AM (ET) through March 14, 2017 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the “Entry Period”): (i) Entrant must follow Sponsor’s Instagram feed at @bettyboopofficial (the “Instagram Feed”) or (ii) go to https://www.facebook.com/BettyBoop/ (the “Facebook Page”) on a computer or wireless device to Like and Follow Betty Boop’s Facebook Page, before following the online instructions to upload and submit up to 3 photographs via Instagram or Facebook reflecting how your personal style has been inspired by Betty Boop’s signature color, Betty Boop Red, using #BeYouBeBoopSweepstakes.
2. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winner(s) will be notified by Sponsor within one (1) month of the last day of the Sweepstakes via social media. The potential Winner(s) must respond via email within five (5) business days of notification, and provide the requested contact information. In the event a Winner does not respond to Sponsor’s notification or does not accept the prize within five (5) business days of notification, the prize will be deemed forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected. In the event that any one or more potential Winner(s) fails to respond as stated above, declines the prize or fails to provide signed affidavits or releases, such Winner(s) will be deemed to forfeit the prize and Sponsor will select an alternate Winner(s) from the remaining eligible entrants. If any alternate(s) similarly fails to respond or declines the prize, Sponsor will use a reasonable number of attempts, in its discretion, to award the prize(s) to another alternate(s) but if it is unable to do so, the prize(s) will be finally forfeited and Sponsor shall have no further liability in connection with this Sweepstakes. List of Winner(s): The name(s) of the winner(s) of the Sweepstakes will be posted on the Instagram Feed and Facebook Page once the Winner(s) has been selected. For the name(s) of the Winner(s), send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to King Features c/o Marketing Manager, Floor 41, Be You Be Boop Sweepstakes Winners’ List, Hearst Tower, 300 West 57th Street NY, NY 10019 within two (2) months from the Winner notification date as specified above.
3. ENTRIES: Limit one (1) entry per person for Sweepstakes. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If applicable, illegible, inaccurate, lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entry forms or entry forms that have been tampered with will be disqualified. Online entrants must have valid email address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address or Instagram/Facebook account. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider, carrier, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning the email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or Instagram/Facebook account.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who have reached the age of majority in their state or territory of residence at time of entry. Entrants via Instagram or Facebook must have their Instagram or Facebook profiles set to “public.” Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, independent judging organizations, and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer’s limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. The Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, provincial, if Canadians are eligible to enter, and local laws, rules and regulations. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. If the actual retail value of any Winner’s prize is $600 or more, the Winner must complete a W9 form and supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the Winner (or, if a minor, in the name of the minor) for the actual value of the prizes received. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the Winner or potential Winner who are unable or unavailable to accept or utilize prizes as described herein. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Promotion. Winner (and parent or legal guardian if Winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate Winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of his/her submitted entry, if applicable, to Sponsor within seven (7) days following the date of first attempted notification. By entering, Entrant grants permission for Sponsor, and any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use the entrant’s submission (including an altered form of the entry), if any, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. If images are being submitted to Sponsor as a requirement for entry, Entrants agree that they have all rights to use the images submitted and to allow Sponsor, any of its affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to reuse any of the images, without any liability, for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, acceptance of the prize by Winner constitutes permission for Sponsor and any affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies, and prize suppliers to use Winner’s name and/or likeness and biographical material for editorial, advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, as well as on Instagram and Facebook to announce the Winner, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, Winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook. You are providing your information to the Sponsors listed below and not to Instagram or Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to the Sponsor, not Instagram or Facebook, and you agree to release Instagram and Facebook from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes.
6. REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES / INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original to the entrant, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights (including, without limitation, copyrighted images or footage), trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity. Modification of an existing image does not count as original for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The entrant further warrants and represents that entrant has all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in the photograph, location releases for all recognizable locations, and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the photograph. The entrant must be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the entry, including releases from all persons appearing in the photograph, location releases for all recognizable locations and releases from anyone who assisted in the creation of the photograph. The image must not contain any personally identifiable information of any person. Excepting those of Sponsor, the image must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service. If any person appearing in the image is under the age of majority in their state of residence, the written consent and signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. At Sponsor’s request, and in its sole discretion, Entrants may be required to execute an assignment and release transferring all rights and ownership of their image to Sponsor, the form of such assignment to be determined by Sponsor. In the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable entry or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsor’s benefit. The photograph may not feature nudity or obscene language or material that is libelous or defamatory. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sweepstakes entities harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes. Entries that do not comply with the above requirements may not be eligible, and, if submitted, may be removed at any time in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
7. INTERNET/mobile: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any Web site, or via the mobile phone or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet or mobile phone portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt of affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York State law, without reference to New York’s choice of law rules, governs the Sweepstakes and all aspects related thereto.
9. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is King Features Syndicate, 300 W. 57th Street, New York, NY 10019.
It’s been an incredibly exciting time here in New York. After stepping out on the red carpet at the Red Dress Awards last week to help my wonderful friends at Woman’s Day with their heart health initiative, I had the world of fashion and style on RED alert this week!
Thanks to phenomenal partnerships worked out by my family at King Features and Fleischer Studios, my new best friend, global fashion designer Zac Posen, revealed his designs – inspired by moi – for TWO gorgeous dresses for his new collection.
He created them in the custom red color developed by Pantone, especially for me. (You know, they’re the global authority on color and provider of professional color standards for the design industries. The real deal!) The first look ran in an exclusive article in USA Today last Friday. And then, the big reveal for the fashion world came when the March issue of Marie Claire hit the newsstands on Valentine’s Day. Things really took off after that!
I have to tell you, supermodel Crystal Renn looked absolutely stunning as she channeled me in that absolutely exquisite, sophisticated gown! And, of course, modeling the fun and flirty short dress, she shows how any woman wearing it will feel like an alluring femme fatale.
Beautiful photography by Ruven Afanador for the Marie Claire article! Wow. So cool that both dresses are available in the ZAC Zac Posen collection on zacposen.com.
And that’s not all. The great team at M·A·C Cosmetics – one of the industry’s most influential companies – just LOVED the idea of the Betty Boop Red. So they launched their red lipstick inspired by my little pout on Valentine’s Day, too. How cool is that?
Oh, and P.S., did I tell you what other fun thing Zac and I collaborated on? We’re co-stars in brand-new cartoon for the digital age called “Betty Goes A-Posen.” It was created to support the campaign my family mounted to get the word out about all this creativity. It got tons of media attention.
Best of all, it’s a really cool story! Check it out:
Hope you enjoy. Boop-Oop-a-Doop!